The Sea Cargo Charter Association is the governing body of the Sea Cargo Charter whose object is the management, administration and development of the Sea Cargo Charter. Signatories to the Sea Cargo Charter automatically become members of the Sea Cargo Charter Association.
The Sea Cargo Charter Association is governed by a set of Governance Rules which provide guidance to existing and prospective Signatories on the processes for the management, administration and development of the Sea Cargo Charter.
The Steering Committee coordinates the Association and Sea Cargo Charter on behalf of its members. The 15 members of the Steering Committee (as of March 2022) are:
- ADM — Hans Christian Jensen, Director Global Ocean Freight, and Jonathan Canaan, Senior Operations Manager
- Anglo American — Peter Lye, Director and Head of Shipping
- Bunge — Marcio Valentim Moura, Global Logistics Director
- Cargill Ocean Transportation — Jan Dieleman, President (Chair), and Eman Abdalla, Global Operations and Supply Chain Director
- Chevron — Matt Turns, General Manager for Strategy & Business Performance
- Cofco International — Marcelo Martins, MD Regions and Grains & Oilseeds Trading, and Salvatore Castellano, Freight Trader
- Dow — Jürgen Willemsen, Bulk Marine & Terminals Mode Leader
- Equinor — Heidi Aakre, Vice President Shipping
- Louis Dreyfus Company — Seb Landerretche, Global Head of Freight, and Martin Viquesnel, Technical Supervisor
- Mærsk Tankers — Eva Birgitte Bisgaard, Chief Commercial Officer, and Lars Sprogoe Bentzen, Head of Partner Services
- Norden — Henrik Røjel, Head of Fuel Efficiency and Decarbonisation
- Shell — Claire Wright, General Manager Shipping Commercial & Strategy (Treasurer), and Justine Clark, Shipping Consultancy Manager
- Torvald Klaveness — Engebret Dahm, Chief Executive Officer, Klaveness Combination Carriers, and Martin Wattum, Senior Manager, Head of Project & Business Transformation
- TotalEnergies — Sebastien Roche, Head of Shipping Technical Department
- Trafigura Maritime Logistics — Rasmus Bach Nielsen, Global Head Fuel Decarbonisation (Vice Chair)
The Governance Rules detail the scope of the roles of the Steering Committee and Chair and how representatives are nominated and appointed.
Secretariat maintains the day-to-day functions of the Association and is the first point of contact for existing and prospective Signatories. The Secretariat is provided by the Global Maritime Forum through a service agreement.
The technical expertise needed for the Principles to remain updated and accurate is provided by Smart Freight Centre and UMAS and may include other organizations in the future as and when needed.